Join our small group for a fascinating journey by bike (and occasional boat) around Lake Constance (or as the locals call it, Bodensee). Check in on June 24, 2023, for a 7-night stay in our HUB, a welcoming, modern (air-conditioned!) four-star hotel conveniently located in the historic city of Konstanz, Germany. Become fast friends with your new travel companions as you cycle together each day in a new direction along our SPOKES – through the idyllic landscape where Germany, Switzerland and Austria meet.
Here are 10 terrific reasons you ought to join us in June
(SPOILER ALERT: We think there are WAY more than 10 reasons!)
- Relaxing rides to magnificent medieval towns with beautifully preserved squares, half-timbered house and brightly painted facades
- Rheinfall: Europe’s largest waterfall that delivers a photo opp at every turn
- Scenic sightseeing cruises, long and short: across lovely Lake Constance and along the mighty Rhine
- Wine tastings, cider tastings. beer tastings & more: cycle past vineyards and orchards to savor the region’s best
- Prehistoric Pile Dwelling Museum: ok, this may sound strange, but we promise you’ll enjoy discovering an ancient world brought back to life at this UNESCO World Heritage site and Germany’s oldest open-air archeological museum.
- Mainau Flower Island: stroll past splendid Baroque palaces amidst glorious colors and floral beauty
- Tour of the Zeppelin Museum: birthplace of airship aviation featuring a full-scale model of the gondola of the Hindenburg
- Cable Car ride: head up, up, up Pfänder Mountain for panoramic views of the lake and the northern Alps
- Affenburg Sanctuary: Enjoy an entertaining walk in the free-range home of 200 Barbary apes and 100 storks
- UNESCO site Reichenau Island: cycle through a landscape that bears witness to the religious and cultural role of a large Benedictine monastery in the Middle Ages. Gaze in awe at fine examples of monastic architecture: well-preserved churches and carefully restored wall paintings showcasing the island as an artistic center of great importance in European art history
ONLY A FEW SPACES OPEN on this exciting tour, so please contact us soon to register.
View our full itinerary and pricing on the tour page: Lake Constance Hub & Spoke Tour Itinerary